- 2 Cans of Coconut milk (400 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons Agar Agar powder
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/5 Teaspoon (or 1 ml) Onion Powder
- 1/5 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/5 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke. (This smoke aroma can also be substituted with citric acid or smoked red pepper powder.)
- 4 Tablespoons Yeast Flakes (60 ml)
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Locust Bean Gum (Carob gum/powder)
You may also add turmeric if you wish.
- Put the coconut milk in a pot, and add the agar powder before it is warm.
- Make sure to stir it well until it gets warm.
- When it is boiling, add the other ingredients. Stir well for at least 8 minutes. It is important that it is enough cooked.
- Put the cheese in a box where it will get solid. It will take some hours depending on temperature. When it is cold, it should be solid enough.
- Can be stored in the cooler about a week.
You can eat the cheese as it is on bread, or you can also try to shred it and melt it in the oven.