- 200 ml dates or about 20 dates
- 600 ml water
- 200 ml of hazelnuts (if you don’t have take almonds)
- 1 ripe banana
- 5-6 tablespoons of carob powder
- 4 tablespoons of corn starch (maizena)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (a pinch, which is very little so be careful here)
Roast the hazelnuts for 20 minutes at 100 degrees and make a powder of them in a blender. Boil the dates until they soften in 100 ml of the water. Run everything in the blender until smooth. Pour into a pot and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, stirring the whole time. Pour into a bowl and let cool. Serve chilled as a spread.
Tip: If you have, add some real vanilla powder (1-2 tea spoons) and 5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil.