Ca. 9 waffles
- 0.5 cup of coconut oil (cold pressed)
- 200 ml water (you want crispy waffles instead of soft, take more water than oat milk.
- 400 ml oat milk
- 150 to 200 ml spelt flakes or oat flakes.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon cardamom (optional)
- 7 Dates or 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or raw cane sugar (dates are most healthy because they contain fibers.
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 300 – 400 ml whole grain spelt flour
Melt the coconut oil at very low heat. Then mix in the remaining ingredients with the flour last. If you use dates, mix them before you pour in the spelt flakes and flour. Then use a hand blender to make it smooth. Then add spelt flakes and flour and whisk with a regular whisk. Bake in waffles in an iron until they are light brown.